Monday 5 September 2011

Thank goodness for cake.




You know I love to bake!

I also try to live  
(relatively) healthy.

I strive for balance
between healthy and a little 
(mmmm..... ok sometimes
more than I should)
of life's sweet luxuries.

So you can imagine my delight
when my gorgeous 
 - and incredibly healthy- friend
gave me a gift from the heart.





A cookbook with a difference 
by

This cook book is
crammed with the most
mouth-watering
cakes and desserts using fresh produce
from........
the vegetable garden.  
Yes - vegetables!

Love it!





Not only are her recipes 
delightful but the book incredibly
visual and all round inspiring.
With beautiful photographs and 
witty descriptions -
I love her style.

Here is my attempt at her
signature cake

for Dad

Happy Father's Day.







With no flour, butter or oil,
I love how the eggplant is
so
CHEEKY
in this cake.









Goodness never tasted so sweet!






PS
Both my chocolate loving dad
and husband
had second helpings!






No comments:

Post a Comment